We’re excited to release our newest study in partnership with our friends at market research firm Chadwick Martin Bailey, which shows that restaurants are the most searched industry by consumers through both mobile applications and browsers. The study, compiled through the feedback from 1,497 consumers who own a smartphone, found that 81 percent of consumers have searched for a restaurant on a mobile app and 92 percent through a web browser in the last six months, outperforming other highly searched industries, such as entertainment, retail outlets, hotels, and personal services.
Even more important, 75 percent say they often choose a restaurant to dine at based on those search results.
With all those searches, it’s never been more important to make sure that your menu, prices, and other key information is up to date on all of the platforms potential customers search…. from Yelp to Yellow Pages to Google to Foursquare. (And SinglePlatform can help.)
Our key findings about how smartphone owning consumers find local businesses:
- 81% have searched for a restaurant on a mobile app in the last 6 months (tweet this)
- 92% have searched for a restaurant on a web browser in the last 6 months (tweet this)
- 75% often choose a restaurant to dine at based on search results (tweet this)
- iPhone owners are more likely to search for a restaurant than other smart phone owners (tweet this)
- 80% think it’s important to see a menu before they dine at a restaurant (tweet this)
- 84% are likely to look at more than one restaurant before choosing where to dine (tweet this)
- 70% think it is important to be able to read the menu of a restaurant on a mobile device (tweet this)
- 62% are less likely to choose a restaurant if they can’t read the menu on a mobile device (tweet this)